WELDING & FABRICATION
WELDING & FABRICATION SERVICES IN IDAHO FALLS
Cripple Creek Enterprises is a full-service machining and manufacturing company. Taking your budget, the design plans, and the intended purpose into account, we decide on the welding and fabrication process to use to bring your unique project to life. If you can’t make it to us in Idaho Falls, we can come to you! We offer mobile welding services to help you wherever you need it.
WELDING VS. FABRICATION
Welding is the fusing of two metals together with the use of heat. Every industry from construction to automotive to aerospace uses welding to create parts and finished products. Basic welding is the fusing of two materials together, typically metals, thermoplastics, or even wood. Sometimes a piece of filler wire is melted and used to join the two pieces together.
Fabrication is the process through which raw material is cut, hammered, and molded into shape to create parts and finished products.
TYPES OF WELDING & FABRICATIONS
- MIG Welding: MIG welding, also known as Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), doesn’t require a constant connection, which makes it ideal for outdoor projects. This welding type can be further divided into two categories. The first uses bare wire as filler to join two pieces of metal together, while the second uses a flux core.
- Stick Welding: Also known as arc welding, this requires an electrode welding rod for the fusion of the two metal parts. It is used on cast iron and materials likely to be out in extreme climates. Stick welding is considered one of the strongest forms of welding.
- TIG Welding: When you think of welding, this is probably what you picture. TIG Welding, also known as Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), uses a rod feeding a torch. This is the most widely used and versatile method used for almost all metals, including aluminum, titanium, cobalt, copper & nickel alloys, and steel.
- Orbital Welding: This weld guarantees the most consistent results and is the easiest to replicate. It consists of a circular arc that rotates around set pieces.
- Casting: Casting is the process of melting metals into a liquid form and then pouring them into pre-made molds. This is the process used for creating small parts with consistency and quality control.
- Cutting: There are several different forms of cutting techniques: cutting with a mechanical tool, laser, plasma, or a waterjet. The type of cutting the Cripple Creek experts use depends on the project needs and materials.
- Machining: Machining is similar to cutting. It’s often used to drill holes in metal or to smooth the edges and cut away the excess.
WHAT CRIPPLE CREEK CAN OFFER YOU
Cripple Creek Enterprises specializes in all these services and products.
- Materials: Take your pick from aluminum, carbon steel, titanium, stainless steel, and various alloys.
- Structural Shapes: If you can dream it, we can build it. Whether it’s angles, pipes, beams, tubes, or channels, we’ve got you covered.
- Services: We provide a full range of services for machine building, welding, and fabrication. We will also test that the finished product runs smoothly and without any hitches.
Cripple Creek Enterprises can turn raw material into a functional, finished product—all within your budget and time frame! Get in touch today to learn more about why Cripple Creek Enterprises is the best choice for your welding and fabrication needs.